Logout
Click here for Pulp & Paper Radio International
The Paperitalo Library
Free Downloads
Search
My Profile
Login
Canfor reports $72.1M first-quarter loss, sales down from year ago
Print

VANCOUVER (From news reports) -- Canfor Corp. reported a loss of $72.1 million in its latest quarter compared with a loss of $31 million a year earlier and said global markets remained challenging.

The forestry company says the loss amounted to 62 cents per diluted share for the quarter ended March 31 compared with a loss of 26 cents per diluted share in the same quarter last year.

Sales for the quarter totaled $1.36 billion, down from $1.42 billion in the first quarter of 2025.

Canfor chief executive Susan Yurkovich said the first quarter of 2026 continued to reflect challenging market conditions across the company's operations.

The company noted that global lumber markets remained challenging, reflecting subdued demand and ongoing trade and geopolitical pressures, however it added that there was some improvement in North American benchmark lumber pricing.

Yurkovich added global pulp markets continued to face significant headwinds during the first quarter, with pulp producer inventories remaining elevated.

Ensure up to 50,000 Pulp and Paper professionals see your company as they search this directory.

 

Related Articles:


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: