Appleton, Wisconsin, USA/Anáhuac, México 26 July 2018 -- Voith Paper North America recently reached a deal with Copamex of Monterrey, México, for the installation of a BlueLine stock preparation system at their mill in Anáhuac, which is being converted to drive Copamex's growth into the containerboard and packaging markets in México.
Previously, Copamex focused on printing and writing grade paper, but the new BlueLine stock preparation system from Voith is a key step in their expansion plans. The system will utilize a variety of raw material including Old Corrugated Containers (OCC) and mixed waste.
"By partnering with Voith, we're working with the company that has the most knowledge in processing highly contaminated furnish, and this will assist us with successfully launching our growth in the containerboard and packaging markets in México," said Alonso González, CEO, Copamex. "The Voith team consistently understands the needs of our projects and customizes our stock preparation systems accordingly."
As the a full-line supplier, Voith and MERI Environmental Solutions (a Voith company) will be providing Copamex with all of the elements of the stock preparation system, including reliable material handling with automatic wire cutting, reject compactors, sludge handling, water clarification and effluent treatment. The project is also environmentally friendly as steps have been taken to limit energy and water consumption, as well as making waste management improvements.
When the new stock preparation system starts up in early 2019, the mill will output 260,000 metric tons of testliner and corrugated medium per year for use in containerboard production.
"Copamex is known for their quality, innovation and versatility. Earning their continued business speaks volumes about our relationship and our experience with this type of raw material," said Michael Hmielewski, Vice President of Project Sales, Stock Preparation, Voith Paper North America. "When we worked together on other projects, we worked beside Copamex throughout every step of the process and we look forward to supporting them again as we all bring our expertise to this new facility in Anáhuac."
About Voith Paper
Voith Paper is a Group Division of Voith and the leading partner and pioneer in the paper industry. Through constant innovations, the technology group is continually optimizing the paper manufacturing process and paving the way for resource-saving production. Thanks to Papermaking 4.0, paper manufacturers can interconnect their equipment in an optimum way and increase their competitiveness through the effective and secure use of generated data. With Servolution, Voith Paper offers its customers tailored service solutions for all sections of the production process.
Voith is a global technology group. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, today Voith has more than 19,000 employees, sales of $4.7 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide, and is one of the largest family-owned companies in Europe. For more information, visit www.voith.com.
Copamex, headquartered in Monterrey, is a leading paper manufacturer in México with 90 years of experience. The company sells over 500,000 tons of paper and corrugating products per year in three paper mills (7 PMs), and another 200,000 tons of containerboard products are manufactured per year at two corrugating plants. Copamex's ventures also include a chemical products plant, a flexible packaging plant and an Innovation Center for Paper Research and Development. Copamex is vertically integrated for the production of recycled fiber, containerboard and corrugated boxes.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.