Montréal, Quebec, Canada 24 July 2018 -- With the aim of positioning itself as North America's most innovative containerboard products and corrugated packaging manufacturer, Kruger has invested heavily in its operations in recent years and continues efforts to boost productivity and reduce its operations' carbon footprint, notably in the packaging sector. In addition to the $250 million invested in 2016-2017 in Trois-Rivières to convert a newsprint machine for the production of 100% recycled lightweight and high-strength linerboard, the Kruger Packaging Group has injected new funds into its LaSalle and Place Turcot facilities for various modernization projects to be completed this year at a total cost of nearly $20 million.
LaSalle: New-generation technologies
The LaSalle Packaging Plant recently dedicated a new state-of-the-art converting line after investing almost $10 million. The integrated, high-speed production line, which prints, folds and glues corrugated packaging, produces 24,000 boxes per hour, or 400 per minute, making it one of the fastest currently on the market. The European-made, fully automated machine also features a twin-head strapping machine.
The new line, which operates 24/7, accounts for more than one-third of the plant's production capacity and gives it the new momentum needed to meet growing demand in the eco-friendly packaging sector.
Other investment projects at LaSalle include modernizing the corrugator, a project of almost $3 million that will be completed this year, as well as replacing a palletizer and various improvements aimed at increasing the plant's performance and energy efficiency.
Place Turcot: North America's pioneer in 100% recycled containerboard
Adjacent to downtown Montréal, the Place Turcot Containerboard Mill was one of the first in North America to manufacture 100% recycled containerboard back in 1961. Carried by the wave of transformation that has swept across all Kruger facilities in recent years, the Containerboard Mill has received new investments since 2016 to boost productivity and product quality while driving greater energy efficiency. Overall, by the end of 2018, the Place Turcot Containerboard Mill will have completed modernization projects totalling some $9 million. It expects to reduce its GHG emissions by 15% and cut its water use as a result of these technological improvements.
A crown jewel of the Québec economy transforms for the future
Since 2015, the Company has invested more than $500 million in its facilities in Québec to convert existing equipment, purchase new equipment, modernize some facilities, and diversify into new growth products, helping at the same time to protect thousands of jobs in Québec.
Founded in 1904, Kruger Inc. is a major producer of tissue products; 100% recycled containerboard products; corrugated packaging; publication papers; specialty papers; renewable energy; cellulosic biomaterials; and wines and spirits. The Company is also a leader in paper and paperboard recycling in North America. Kruger Inc. has facilities in Québec, Ontario, British Columbia, and Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as in Tennessee, Maine, New York, Virginia and Rhode Island in the United States. (www.kruger.com).
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.