Espoo, Finland 23 April 2018 -- Valmet recently made two successful Advantage DCT 200 tissue line startups at Lee & Man's tissue mill at Chongqing, China. The first machine in the startup queue was TM13, which started producing high quality paper right from the start on January 18. The second startup was on March 3, when just as good tissue paper hit the reel on TM15.
"Valmet has sold a total of nine tissue machines to Lee & Man since 2014. All startups have been characterized by good collaboration, efficient installations and steady startup curves. Efficient project execution and tissue lines that deliver good results right from the first roll have become the trademarks of Valmet's and Lee & Man's winning co-operation," says Valmet's project manager Tomas Eklund. A big part of a successful delivery is trustworthy technology. Valmet's well proven Advantage technology has been designed with the success of tissue makers in mind.
Efficient teamwork forms another great part of the success that has been achieved by Valmet and Lee & Man in Chongqing. "We work as one to reach our mutual aims. At this point, we know each other so well that the machines, more or less, start with a push of a button," says Eklund.
Technical information about the deliveries
All nine machines are equipped with OptiFlo headbox and cast alloy Yankee cylinders. The Advantage tissue technology includes ViscoNip press, steam heated AirCap hood, WetDust dust system and a SoftReel P reel. Basic engineering and site services are also included in the delivery. Valmet's automation package is also included, with Valmet DNA machine and process control system (DCS), as well as Valmet IQ quality control system (QCS) and Valmet IQ Dilution Profiler.
The tissue machine has a width of 5.6 m and a design speed of 2,000 m/min. Each machine has the capacity to produce 60,000 tons of toilet and facial tissue per year. Lee & Man uses virgin wood pulp and bleached bamboo fiber as raw material.
About the customer Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing
Established in 1994, Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd has grown from a small company into a leading paper and pulp manufacturer. The company's 6,500 employees are located at the company's five production sites in China. The company had a capacity of 7 million tons of container board, duplex board and tissue paper as well as 180,000 tons of pulp in 2014.
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. We aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Valmet's strong technology offering includes pulp mills, tissue, board and paper production lines, as well as power plants for bioenergy production. Our advanced services and automation solutions improve the reliability and performance of our customers' processes and enhance the effective utilization of raw materials and energy.
Valmet's net sales in 2017 were approximately EUR 3.1 billion. Our more than 12,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers' performance forward - every day. Valmet's head office is in Espoo, Finland and its shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.
* We are looking for a Production Shift Team Leader to maintain high standards, plus ensure safety policies and regulations for a company located close to Chicago's Midway Airport. If you are experienced team leader who has a four-year degree in an engineering/technical field (paper science degree preferred, and experience in recycled linerboard or corrugating medium paper mills is a plus), we are looking for someone like you! If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company in Illinois is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Relocation and other perks are available to the right candidate who is committed to working third shift. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Are you an experienced Maintenance Mechanic and would like to work for a family owned and operated corrugated packaging solutions company that invests in the best equipment and technology? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* A leading company in the corrugated solutions packaging business is looking for a experienced Electrician. The right candidate will possess the following skills: electrical; hydraulic; automatic drives (basic component machines 122 to 440 bolts). If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for a Corporate Industrial Electro-Mechanical Engineer near Allentown, PA. Relocation is available. Do you have a storied list of unique electrical and mechanical engineering skills you're ready to take to the next level? Do you envision yourself in a corporate-level leadership role that your experience finally merits? And do you relish any opportunity to troubleshoot and solve real-time problems, all while designing and installing new services and systems that will not only ensure safety, but also turn a potentially hazardous work environment into a continuously thriving one? If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* An expanding company is looking for hands-on Electro Mechanical Maintenance Techs in Conyers, Georgia. Preference will be given to candidates with higher education and additional certificates or training. You must be able to work any shift. Pay is negotiable with excellent perks and benefits. Relocation assistance is available to the right candidate. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: email@example.com Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
* Working as a Consultant? Looking for some additional challenges with a flexible scheduling? Have a background in Consistency Control? This may be just the opportunity you are looking for: A large multi-national automation company seeks an expert in paper mill consistency technology. This individual will facilitate application support and start-ups in the paper mill environment. In addition, the ability to provide troubleshooting and technical advice and support is strongly desired. The individual should have an understanding of rotary, blade, microwave and optical consistency and the application of these devices in the paper mill. The company sells and maintains a line of consistency transmitters, sample valves and sheet break detectors. These products are marketed in the US through a rep. network. Knowledge of sheet break detection technology is also desirable. Individual must be willing to travel to paper production facilities across the US. Travel & Living Expenses to be reimbursed along with an agreed upon daily per diem rate. For more information, please contact Jim Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 678-206-6010 Cell: 404-822-3412.
Jim Thompson is back again...with a new book on a taboo subject: the personalities in the pulp & paper industry. Jim has written in the past on many subjects based on his four plus decades in the worldwide pulp and paper industry. This new book is packed full of information valuable to the senior member of the industry as well as the recent entrant. A must for every pulp and paper library.